We all frantically look for new sources of traffic, but often neglect one of the most important factors in online marketing – the conversion of that traffic on our web pages.
So with the holiday season only months away, here’s a toolkit to help you give your website conversion “check up”?
To make it easy to navigate, I’ve create a range of Top 10 conversion Lists below-
Top 10 conversion tips
- Stay Focused – it’s important to keep pages focused on one topic and one main objective. Too often web pages try to be cover too many topics and achieve too many things which is a conversion killer.
- Loud Obvious Calls to Action – don’t assume visitors will know what to do. Make it obvious and ask for an action. “Call today”, “Sign up Now”, “Download Your Copy” etc.
- Testimonials – People like to know others have tried and tested your services, and testimonials are a great way to remove potential buyer concerns.
- What’s In It For Me (WIIFM) – Design your page from a user perspective. what do they need to know to feel comfortable doing business with you. Benefits NOT features!
- Understand and Guide the Eye – People generally read web pages in a similar way. So your page should be designed so they see all the right content in the right places.
- Multiple Ways to Engage Your Business – If you give people a few ways to engage your business you’ll ensure you cover off all your potential buyer types. e.g web forms, phone numbers etc
- Mirror Your Market – the design and tone of your web pages should reflect your target market. don’t trying selling premium products with a cheap and nasty looking page.
- Compelling Copy – you only get a few seconds to capture the visitors attention, so your copy needs to be persuasive and compelling. Converse with your audience – don’t shout at them
- Build TRUST - Trust is critical to conversions. So invest in adding trust builder into your web page e.g. credentials, affiliations, privacy policies, return policies, security etc
- Test, Test and Test – The key to conversion success is testing?.never stop!
Top 10 Conversion Guides & Resources
Below are a list of 10 great resources and guides on website conversion. From beginner info to more advanced information on multivariate testing. All are worth a read as you embark on your conversion journey.
Top 10 Conversion Tools
Here’s a list of essential tools to help you get the best out of your conversion optimization efforts.
- Crazy Egg – http://www.crazyegg.com/ Crazy Egg’s Confetti and Heatmap features are simple and affordable heat mapping tools that allow you to visually understand user behavior.
- User Testing – http://www.usertesting.com/ UserTesting.com lets you “look over the shoulder” of people in your target audience while they use your website. And we make it fast, easy, and inexpensive, so you’re more likely to do it.
- Feng GUI – http://feng-gui.com/ Services that empower designers and advertisers to effectively analyze Attention and Attraction in visuals.
- Clicktale – http://www.clicktale.com/ Use ClickTale to analyze the performance of your online forms, keep visitors engaged in page content, and lead them through the conversion process.
- Cross Browser Testing – http://crossbrowsertesting.com/ Browser testing made easy! Check your website’s cross browser compatibility in minutes!
- Browser Size – http://browsersize.googlelabs.com/ Google Browser Size is a visualization of browser window sizes for people who visit Google.
- Google Page Speed – http://code.google.com/speed/page-speed/ Page Speed is an open-source project started at Google to help developers optimize their web pages by applying web performance best practices.
- Kampyle – http://www.kampyle.com/ Kampyle’s feedback forms enable you to listen to the voice of customer and to improve customer satisfaction.
- Google Website Optimizer – http://www.google.com/websiteoptimizer Website Optimizer, Google’s free website testing and optimization tool, allows you to increase the value of your existing websites and traffic without spending a cent.
- Google Analytics – www.google.com/analytics Google Analytics is the enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic and marketing effectiveness.